The purpose of this survey is to allow Etsy shop owners to:

--Get a feel for how other shop owners manage their business and finances.
--Build community through shared survey results, seeing new shops, and learning together about finances.

Please answer the 10 questions on the right side of this page.
Feel free to browse below how other Etsy shop owners answered their questions and learn about new sellers.

appleandstar

Etsy Shop Name: apple and star
I sell: jewelry with an earthy organic flair
1. How do I manage my shop’s finances? Excel – I’m pretty basic, I have one worksheet for expensive and one for profits.
2. How do I organize my paperwork? In a shoebox. Well, sorta… more like the top drawer of my file cabinet. I just throw everything in there and hope for the best! At least I know where I have to dig through when I need something.
3. Taxes make me: Scream. I try to stay organized year round, but always think I am more on top of things than I need to be.
4. My marketing plan is . . . ever changing. Based mostly on my whims and energy levels. I’m looking to get into more advertising to have sort of constant factor in my mix
5. I keep track of mileage for taxes: False. Never even thought of it…
6. My Etsy shop is a. . . Part-time job.
7. Outside of Etsy, my favorite place to sell is: out of my home. My friends and family are my biggest supporters! They’re always looking over my shoulder to see what I am making next
8. Do you ever run sales in your shop? Yes – I always try to offer discounts on sets.
9. This is my first entrepreneurial adventure. True – unless you count the lemonade stands back in the day
10. I believe marketing in showcases: Is worthless. My one venture in their yield no real increases in views and hearts and no sales. I would have taken it personally, but I heard others say the same. I hope they weren’t just being nice;-)

No comments: