The purpose of this survey is to allow Etsy shop owners to:

--Get a feel for how other shop owners manage their business and finances.
--Build community through shared survey results, seeing new shops, and learning together about finances.

Please answer the 10 questions on the right side of this page.
Feel free to browse below how other Etsy shop owners answered their questions and learn about new sellers.

Superfly Lullabies


Etsy Shop Name: Superfly Lullabies
I sell: Super-swank blankies for your super-swank babe. And various other super-swank baby accessories.
How do I manage my shop’s finances? With a pencil & paper. Well, no, actually most of the time, I use a pen. Oh, and a calculator. That calculator is very important.
How do I organize my paperwork? Everything is currently in ziplock bags. Labelled ziplocks, to be fair: I am somewhat organized.
Taxes make me: …wonder if I’m being lawful.
My marketing plan is . . . to go with the flow: I make sure my friends & family know what I’m doing, and I always have cards on me. Of course, this is only until I get super-successful & need to hire some peeps to formulate a real plan. Hehe.
I’m also a newbie team member of etsybaby, which is a wonderfully busy group of like-minded women (I think we’re all women? Forgive me if I’m wrong etsybaby-ers!). I looove etsybaby.
I keep track of mileage for taxes: Somewhat.
My Etsy shop is a. . . full-time hobby/nap-time job (my children’s naps, not mine… although I often conjure up my best ideas while trying to sleep).
Outside of Etsy, my favorite place to sell is: via Facebook. Fortunately, my other gen-x-er friends are also having babies these days. They’re very kind to me. I have also been fortunate enough to have a very driven friend who puts craft shows on once in awhile – that was the start of selling my craft, actually. I think it could be quite successful if I found the right ones. Maybe that’s my next project.
Do you ever run sales in your shop? Hmmm, “sales” = “incentive” in my shop. If customers want to purchase a set of anything (any 3 items or more), I offer a 10% discount on the total bill.
This is my first entrepreneurial adventure. I think that would be accurate in my case.
I believe marketing in showcases: might bring me some views, but I can’t imagine it’s much more effective than being in a treasury, or having others ♥ you or your items. That’s how I find new shops. Oh, and pounce. And newly listed items. If I’m being totally frank, I’ve never checked the showcases out… even when I was just a buyer.

No comments: