The purpose of this survey is to allow Etsy shop owners to:

--Get a feel for how other shop owners manage their business and finances.
--Build community through shared survey results, seeing new shops, and learning together about finances.

Please answer the 10 questions on the right side of this page.
Feel free to browse below how other Etsy shop owners answered their questions and learn about new sellers.

Bostonbaglady


Etsy Shop Name: Boston Bag Lady I sell: All things vintage including cards, ephemera, jewelry, purses, and more.1. How do I manage my shop’s finances? I transcribe everything to a notebook first (paper and pencil) then transfer that information into an Excel document about once a month.2. How do I organize my paperwork? File folders on my desk, shoeboxes underneath my desk. So I guess everywhere!3. Taxes make me: Feel happy that I am not an accountant for a living. I get through it pretty well though because I keep everything organized.4. My marketing plan is . . . Non-existant in the sense that I don’t have a structure because it’s ever changing.5. I keep track of mileage for taxes: True. I don’t drive but I keep track of other transportation fees (train, subway)6. My Etsy shop is a. . . Hobby that I love to do very much.7. Outside of Etsy, my favorite place to sell is: I only sell on Etsy!8. Do you ever run sales in your shop? Yes I have tried but they didn’t work out so well. Maybe it’s time to give it another shot.9. This is my first entrepreneurial adventure. False. I also do freelance graphic and web design.10. I believe marketing in showcases: Is worthless. I’ve done two and didn’t have much luck with either.

No comments: