The purpose of this survey is to allow Etsy shop owners to:

--Get a feel for how other shop owners manage their business and finances.
--Build community through shared survey results, seeing new shops, and learning together about finances.

Please answer the 10 questions on the right side of this page.
Feel free to browse below how other Etsy shop owners answered their questions and learn about new sellers.

sassafrasium

Etsy Shop Name: Sassafrasium
I sell: Super sexy sassy jewelry (the alliteration is free!)
How do I manage my shop’s finances? I have things written down all over the place. I am not organized enough to have it all consolidated!
How do I organize my paperwork? Everywhere. Between my Etsy shop and school, I am just happy that my students are not getting receipts back instead of essays. I wish that I were a clean freak and have tried to develop the habit, but I have thus far been unable to! I will keep trying.
Taxes make me: Nervous. I am absolutely certain that I am somehow breaking the law.
My marketing plan is . . . sporadic! I will hand out business cards obsessively for weeks and then do nothing at all. I also have a few items out in local shops on commission, but my favourite way to advertise is to give a pair of earrings and come cards to a friend and let them market for me. It is amazing!
I keep track of mileage for taxes: Nope. I probably should, but the fact is that I am usually out doing a whole bunch of things while doing shop business, so I do not worry about it. Also, see number 3.
My Etsy shop is a. . . hobby that turned itself into a moneymaking venture. I love to come home after a stressful day and make things. It makes me feel productive!
Outside of Etsy, my favorite place to sell is: Anywhere locally, really. I generally have samples of my stuff in my car, so if anyone is interested in what I myself am wearing, I show them and they will generally buy something.
Do you ever run sales in your shop? No, I think that my stuff is pretty reasonably priced to begin with, and I have not done anything yet that is overly seasonal. I suppose that if I ever do, I will run a sale! Not yet, though.
This is my first entrepreneurial adventure. Yes, barring the inclusion of childhood lemonade stands. I enjoy it!
I believe marketing in showcases: I am not opposed to showcases, but I would rather spend the money somewhere else, like on more beads. Or on a drink. I am just saying.

No comments: