The purpose of this survey is to allow Etsy shop owners to:

--Get a feel for how other shop owners manage their business and finances.
--Build community through shared survey results, seeing new shops, and learning together about finances.

Please answer the 10 questions on the right side of this page.
Feel free to browse below how other Etsy shop owners answered their questions and learn about new sellers.

Scarlett Cat

Etsy Shop Name: Scarlett Cat
I sell: Quirky, flirty art and cards
How do I manage my shop’s finances? Do nothing – pretty much. I figure it’s all recorded on Etsy so it will be there for me at tax time. I do plan on getting an accountant which is stopping me from doing more myself. That and chronic laziness.
How do I organize my paperwork? Ha! Everywhere – some of it is in folders, some of it is lost, most of it is spread around my desk and some has created a small landslide on my floor. In fact, I once lost a cactus for over 8 months and eventually found it under some paperwork on my desk,
Taxes make me: Scream. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do and rely on my dodgy and constantly unavailable account for help. I’m hoping I don’t wind up in jail like Paris.
My marketing plan is . . . creative. And not written down. But it’s in my head, I promise. Oh yes.
I keep track of mileage for taxes: False. Are you kidding me? I have enough trouble stopping for petrol when the light starts flashing.
My Etsy shop is a. . . part time job. Luckily enough someone else deals with the financial side of my full time job.
Outside of Etsy, my favorite place to sell is: boutiques. I’ve just started selling work through a gallery and have even less of a clue about what to do with taxes for this little venture than I do for Etsy.
Do you ever run sales in your shop? No. Tried once. Didn’t help. Never again
This is my first entrepreneurial adventure. Yep.
I believe marketing in showcases: Never done it. I don’t think this sort of promotion would be as useful as the offsite promotions I work at.

No comments: